Sunday, June 21, 2009

loving you is a test


I saw (and heard) the Old 97's last night at Maxwell's in Hoboken NJ. They have 4 dates at there, so they're doing a "no repeat" engagement - different songs every night with no repeats (obviously) excluding Timebomb, which they haveta do 'cause if they didn't we wouldn't know when to go home. It was wicked 'cause they played stuff you don't usually get to hear like Miss Molly (oh oh oh), Ivy, Adelaide and my funeral song, Weightless (yes, I want an Old 97's song played at my funeral). It was a rockin' good time and I can't wait 'til the next time I get to see them...which is Friday.

[I'm cheating - this isn't from Maxwell's]


I remember when
I had you and you had so much promise then
promised me that you would never leave again
to be broken
you were made



No comments: