Wednesday, December 10, 2008

ta da


Okay, so. A while ago I co-wrote a book called the Art Quilt Workbook with Jane Dávila. You might remember it from me blogging about it. Or not. Anyway, we went and wrote us another book. Art Quilts at Play will be released in January 2009, and is described thusly - 22 exciting new ways to play with surface design techniques and materials, plus ideas for collaborating with other artists. Bonus: Challenges, Trades & Collaborations.

If you are so inclined, you can pre-order a copy (with our autographs and everything!) from me (click me).

We had a bunch of student artists and collaborating artists who contributed their work, and we are ever so grateful to them.

our collaborating artists:
Natalya Aikens
Woodie Anderson
Liz Berg
Gail Ellspermann
Janet Ghio
Rayna Gillman
Terry Grant
Kathryn Hunter
Andrea Jenkins
Jane LaFazio
Mati McDonough
Tricia McKellar
Kim Rae Nugent
Karen Stiehl Osborn
Virginia Spiegel
Beryl Taylor


a little somthin' somthin' to whet your appetites:
[the cover of a Chinese Zodiac themed fabric journal]



peace out my homies.


3 comments:

Took Gallagher said...

Oooh -- how exciting, Elin (& Jane)!!!

And I love the Chinese Zodiac piece!

Brava!!!

Took Gallagher said...

(ooops I accidentally hit the wrong key -- did my other comment "send"?)

Anyway -- I guess I will be needing THIS book to go along with the other book -- and I don't even sew. tee hee

Vivien Zepf said...

Congratulations on the book, Elin! Can't wait to see it.