Tuesday, November 4, 2008

hope



I've had an Obama sticker on my bumper for 4 years. That's right, 4 years. Immediately after hearing Obama's keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention (click here and here), I went onto cafepress.com and bought a bunch of Obama bumper stickers and buttons. This was of course when he was running for the Illinois Senate. I live in New York - very few people around here knew who he was so I got some interesting comments about it. One dude even asked me why I had an Osama sticker on my car - to which I replied "OBama, not OSama, you idiot." So I explained for a couple years that some day he would run for president and I was showing my support. Eventually, once he announced his candidacy, people caught up with me. Then I started to get respectful comments from people - "how did you know?" kind of comments. When he won Iowa, people started calling me - to congratulate me (including one relative stranger, who called me to say "your man is gonna do it"). Whatever happens in today's vote, I'm proud to be a Barack Obama supporter. I'm proud of what he represents and hopeful that he can bring our country back from the last miserable 8 years.

peace


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will either be dancing in the street or staying in bed tomorrow! Yes we can, HOPE! KarenLR

Elin said...

I know, I might be staying in bed for the next 4 -8 years, but I hope not!

Elin said...

note:

I haven't said anything negative about any other candidates, so those of you who send me negative comments about my candidate should know that I won't publish them. There's no need to bash someone, just because you disagree with them.

Sue said...

It was stressful today, waiting it out, but what a great night! So, so happy.

Unknown said...

Yay Obama!
Cool blog, Elin!
Makes me wanna carve something!
~Sharon

http://e14studio.blogspot.com

Andrew W. Moir said...

Very nice print! Very iconic. :)