Wednesday, June 4, 2008

oh 8


During (and I do mean during) Barack Obama's keynote address in 2004, I went online and bought bumper stickers and buttons that said Obama '08. Did I mention that was 2004? Four years ago. So now here we are in 2008 and my bumper sticker is faded with age, but it's still on my bumper. Just before Obama's speech last night, I got an email from him, asking me to watch him speak. I get many emails from him. They're always addressed to Elin and signed Barack. I decided long ago that I was going to believe that they were really addressed to me and that Barack and I were on a first name basis. Yeah. Maybe I need to get out more. In any case, I'm happy about the current political situation.


4 comments:

Willie Baronet said...

Yet another reason I like you. You're smart! :-)

Elin said...

Thanks, I am smart aren't I? And cute too. :)

Kim Hambric said...

It is nice to have Obama as a personal friend isn't it? He writes to me almost every day. I wonder if he will be able to keep up this level of personal communication once he is President.

Elin said...

Wait, Barack writes to you every day too...you mean I'm not the only one? There goes my fantasy.