Sunday, January 20, 2008

some bright morning


I'm deviating from my underwater blocks just for today. Let me explain. I've been thinking of what to call my next set of Art*o*mat pieces - the blackbirds. I decided on I'll Fly Away, like the hymn, so that's been running through my head for days. This morning I read that Suzanne Pleshette died yesterday. I worked with Ms. Pleshette many years ago on a TV movie. She was a fast talkin', no nonsense dame. I like that. Then there's little Mia, my friend Tracey's baby. I won't go into that - suffice it to say that Mia was a tough little fighter. So the song in my head has seemed quite appropriate to my mood. That's all. Today's block is for people we've lost.

3 comments:

mzjohansen said...

Perfect.Blessings.

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

I am sorry about little Mia...
been enjoying your blocks, thanks for showing them.

Nikki said...

Thank you for the reminder of the song -- just what I needed this morning. My heart goes out to Mia's mom and you as her friend. Little ones are such fighters and thier courage an inspiration.