Saturday, July 28, 2007

art*o*mat & rockin' the river


For the past few years, I've been lucky enough to be an Art*o*mat artist. Art*o*mat machines are retired cigarette vending machines that have been converted to vend art. There are 82 active machines in various locations throughout the country. I just finished another batch of my Strange Bird pieces - little felt and fabric birdies, that fit into a cigarette box. I still need to make about 50 more, to take with me to the 10th anniversary bash in Winston-Salem, NC, in a few weeks.



On a different subject, last night I went on the Old 97's Rockin' the River Cruise ("Listening to your favorite artists while sailing past the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Brooklyn Bridge...you've never seen music like this before"). I couldn't get any good shots of the band - got there too late for my usual front row position...




so I concentrated on the view...




later y'all

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I first learned about "art-o-mat" from your article in Quilting Arts magazine. I've also been accepted as an artist and sent in my first batch a couple weeks ago. A very fun idea. I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed it and are still involved with the project.

Susan Schwake said...

i love the art o mat. you are so lucky! i would love to be part of that. guess i should go check it out! ... your photos are nice here about the camp. i will have to read more to find out what you do there exactly!
thanks for stopping by...
susan